Saturday, July 16, 2011

Book 36 Fallen by Karin Slaughter

Fallen (Georgia, #3)Fallen by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always love Karin Slaughter's books. The Grant County series is one of my favorites of all time. She's also a Georgia author and the books take place in Georgia. Don't you just love reading a book and recognizing places and things? I do.


This book is the GBI series and focuses around agent Faith Mitchell's family. Her mom Evelyn, a former APD narcotics investigator is kidnapped. Faith arrives at her mother's home to find her infant daughter in a shed, a bloody kitchen, a dead body in the laundry room and a hostage situation in the back bedroom. Her mother is nowhere to be found. Two of the men are shot by Faith and another gets away wounded. Was Faith's mother dirty when she ran the narcotics squad at the APD? Who has kidnapped her and why haven't they contacted anyone with a ransom demand? The twists and turns in this mystery are numerous and leave you guessing until the very end. I didn't figure this one out. Was this a high brow, important read? Nope, but it was a damn good mystery with a little side of romance and I enjoyed every minute of it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment