Sunday, July 31, 2011

Book 38 of 2011 Looking for Alaska by John Green

Looking for AlaskaLooking for Alaska by John Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another very good Young Adult book. Set at an Alabama boarding school with a cast of characters filled with outcasts, this is definitely one of my favorite reads this summer. The Alaska that is being looked for is a young lady not the state and her story is a compelling one. Her friends Pudge, The Colonel, Takumi and Lara are perfect. I know nothing about boarding schools, but the author of this book went to one in Alabama so I suppose he knows something about them. My favorite part is glimpsing the humanity of the Eagle.


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Carole Anne, it is a very interesting book. I've gotten into YA books since I read The Hunger Games trilogy and this one was really good. It was a slow starter, but a very good read.

    ReplyDelete