Monday, January 9, 2012

Top Reads of 2011

So I started thinking about my top reads of the year and thought I should probably do a blog entry. I'm sure most bloggers who read do something like this. So here it is. These are my favorite reads of the 2011 in no particular order:

The Girl with...Trilogy by Stieg Larsson - While the first book took some time to get into, the trilogy is a must read for all. I recommend it to any mystery/thriller/crime buff.

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - Another trilogy. YA novel that is just hard to beat. Recommended for 7th graders and up depending on level of maturity. Adults shouldn't skip this book because it was written for teens. It's Amazing! Incredible!

The Affair by Lee Child.- What's not to love about another Jack Reacher novel? Over the course of 2011, I've given up on a couple of my stand by series. Not this one. It just keeps getting better!

Room by Emma Donoghue  -  This is perhaps, the most disturbing book I read in 2011. A different type story than I'm used to, I'm not sure if you can say you 'liked' a book with this subject matter, but I did like the book.

Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin  -  Southern fiction at it's best. Characters that I loved, story that was sweet and tragic. Go read it.

Those are the books that I loved in 2011. In a couple of days, I'll do a post with the most disappointing books of 2011.


1 comment:

  1. I stayed away from the hunger games for a long time because of what it was about, but I agree, it was amazing! I still have Mockingjay to go, #3. I do want to see the movie too, to see how it compares!

    ReplyDelete