Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Book 17 of 2012


Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I first started reading this I didn't understand all the positive reviews I'd heard from my friends. It was really slow getting started, but did turn around. I'm intrigued by the Black Dagger Brotherhood and definitely want to learn more about some of the brothers. I enjoyed the introduction to this breed of vampires and the world they live in.
Wrath and Beth are at the center of this story and are fairly uninteresting characters. I was a little put off with the ease with which Beth (and Butch) accepted that vampires existed. I think most folks would be a slight bit more skeptical. I'm much more interested in Zsadist and his story. I'll try a few more before I decide if it's a MUST read series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment