Saturday, March 17, 2012

Book 18 of 2012


Spider Bones (Temperance Brennan, #13)Spider Bones by Kathy Reichs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I always really like the Tempe Brennan books and look forward to reading them. I prefer the books set in North Carolina (even though I do like Ryan). This book really had the best of all worlds. It began in Canada, had the connection to North Carolina and took the gang to Hawaii (my favorite place on earth) to solve the mystery. And I did enjoy this mystery even though it got a little convoluted at the end. I always learn a little in these novels and this time I learned about chimeras. Interesting stuff. I loved the Plato character. Loved him! I also learned about JPAC and was quite impressed with what I learned.
As an aside, I also like the TV show Bones that is loosely based on this series of books. It's enough different that I don't even see Emily Deschanel and/or David Boreanz as the characters when I read these books. I just see Tempe and Ryan.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment