Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Book #35


Defending Jacob: A NovelDefending Jacob: A Novel by William Landay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read the reviews of this book and expected something really good. It delivered. Reviews warned of a twist and I guess you could call the end a twist. I expected a couple of things that happened, but that didn't make this book less satisfying. I think I'm a pretty savvy reader so there's not much that gets past me. (except the ending of My Sister's Keeper, I'm still pissed off about that twist. I literally threw the book across the room and hit the wall!)

When a teenager is murdered in Newton, Assistant DA Andy Barber is called to the scene to get the investigation going. The boy is a classmate of his son Jacob. Andy has a suspect, but is blindsided when his son is arrested. Andy never waivers in his fight to prove his son's innocence. Even when his past comes to light.

It's a murder mystery, a crime drama, a courtroom thriller and a family study. Great read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment