Friday, June 1, 2012

My version of Chicken Parmesan

My son loves my chicken parm. It's not what you'd get in a fancy restaurant or even in a not so fancy restaurant. It's what you get when I cook . I hate measuring ingredients so there are no measurements here. Use as much as you think you'll need to feed your family. Today, I used 2 chicken breasts, one 24oz. can of sauce and a box of noodles.
My easy Chicken Parm
boneless skinless chicken breasts
Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese
Spaghetti sauce
noodles
olive oil, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.

look at all that brown goodness!



because it's not chunky 
Cut your chicken into pieces. I like bite sized pieces, but you can cut your's any size you want them or you can leave them whole. It's all up to you. Season the chicken with garlic and Italian seasoning. You can add salt if you want, but I don't. My favorite thing to season the chicken with is some of that mix you can get that you put in olive oil to dip bread into. You know what I'm talking about. Stuff is good, but if you don't have it just use Italian seasoning. Brown your chicken in olive oil. Once your chicken is browned, put it in a casserole dish and sprinkle it with some Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese then pour your spaghetti sauce over it. I use Hunt's Four Cheese Pasta Sauce. You could make your own or use your favorite jar sauce. Add more cheese on top and pop it in the oven at about 350°. Cook it until the cheese is all melty, bubbly goodness.  Cook up some noodles (we like angel hair) and serve it up hot and delicious.
Please don't look at the burnt stuff on the casserole dish!


Can you see the steam? 





2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, measured or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of food. Not fussy or all measured out. I wouldn't have been able to help myself adding some spice though...
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete