Friday, August 3, 2012

Book # 43


Stolen Prey (Lucas Davenport, #22)Stolen Prey by John Sandford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An unthinkable crime. Brutal. An entire family tortured and killed. As Lucas Davenport and the BCA in Minnesota investigate this crime, it leads to a Mexican drug cartel and it's laundered money that has been stolen after it was laundered. A Federale comes north to help with the investigation and brings with him an assistant. There are other facets to the murders. Who are the murderers, who stole the money, where is the money? There's a secondary crime that Virgil Flowers is trying to solve. Lucas is mugged by a couple of tweakers while out jogging.
I love John Sandford and I love the Prey books. This one is another great one. The suspense of the man hunt for the brutal killers. The search for the the the mastermind behind the stolen money. The only thing I didn't like was the very end. I won't spoil it for you by telling you what I didn't like, but it just felt wrong to me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment