Saturday, July 21, 2012

Book #42


PaskagankeePaskagankee by Allan Leverone
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had a hard time finishing this one. I read about half of it and put it down for a couple of weeks, started another book, took a long time to read it and finally picked this one back up and finished it. I'm not sure if I was just in a reading slump or if I picked some books that were just not very good.

So, first for what I liked about this book. I really liked the plot. The story. The Indian legend that the crimes were based on and the way the the crimes ended and were resolved.

And what I didn't like about the book. I was a little disappointed with the dialogue in the book. It sounded stilted, stiff and a bit amateurish. I hated the love story component. It was too quick and unbelievable. I think the characters (and author) would have been better served by letting the relationship develop for awhile before jumping in. This is the first in a series so jumping in to the relationship was premature.

Not sure if I'll read book #2.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment