Monday, October 17, 2011

book 56 of 2011 Conviction by Richard North Patterson


Conviction: A NovelConviction: A Novel by Richard North Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was very difficult for me to read. It's about a death row inmate and his lawyers attempts to have his execution stayed.

My feelings and thoughts regarding the death penalty have changed over the years. The recent execution in Georgia made me start thinking about it again. I was at the library browsing the shelves and ran across this book. I've read many of RNP''s novels and like his style so I picked this up and started it. It's a difficult subject to read about.

The book follows Renell Price's attorneys through the days preceding his scheduled execution. It takes you through the crime and the investigation and trial. The subsequent maneuvering through the justice system. I sincerely hope that the Supreme Court of the US isn't as petty as this book portrayed them.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment