Sunday, October 9, 2011

Book 55 of 2011 Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris


Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm still enjoying Sookie and Gang, so I guess this series hasn't reached saturation point for me yet. The Weres and Shifters have finally 'come out' and revealed their existence to the world, but this doesn't play as big a role in this installment as I thought it would. A werepanther is mutilated and crucified in the parking lot of Merlotte's and there's a huge battle brewing among the fae. Sookie seems to be at the center of all the mess.

I enjoyed learning more about Sookie's fairy side of the family and hope this is expounded upon in future books. The sexual tension with Eric is still good, but I really hope that this series doesn't devolve into all sex and brutality and lose the humor that makes it more readable.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment