Saturday, November 5, 2011

Book 61 of 2011 The Affair by Lee Child


The Affair (Jack Reacher, #16)The Affair by Lee Child
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What else can I say about Lee Child and Jack Reacher? YUM! This book took us back to the beginning. Where and why Reacher got out of the Army. And oh my goodness what a story. So parts of it are unbelievable probably. Who cares? It Jack Reacher and he can do no wrong.

There's an Army base that does some stealth shit. There are 3 beautiful women dead. There's a senator's son who may be involved. There's a Marine who is now the Sheriff. And she's beautiful.

Reacher is sent undercover to the town to see what he can find out. Munro (another MP) is sent to the base to investigate. All kinds of things seem suspect. Throw in a few red herrings and finish up with a bang!

I hope that somewhere out there there is a man who has the type of morals and values of Jack Reacher. I don't need to know him, but I hope he's there.

I've read a few books in a number of series recently that left me feeling blech. Not this one and it' #16. I'll be reading more of this series. I'm just happy to know that some authors still know how to do it and haven't started just calling it in.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment