Sunday, February 12, 2012

Book 10 of 2012


Survivor In Death (In Death, #20)Survivor In Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been a long time since I read a book from this series. I don't know why I waited so long. I really really like these books. Dallas just goes right in and kicks ass and worries about cleaning up the mess later. The cast of characters always offers just the right amount of assistance and comic relief.

In Survivor in Death the 23rd in the series, Eve investigates the murder of a family with a lone survivor. 9 year old Nixie had sneaked downstairs during the night to drink a forbidden orange fizzy drink leaving her best friend Linny in her bed. While she's drinking she sees a shadow slip into the housekeepers room and thinking it's a boyfriend and they are gonna 'do it' she slips in to watch. What she sees is the shadow cutting the housekeeper's throat, slipping up the stairs and joining a second to kill the rest of the family. Eve's investigation turns up other murders that may be connected and a suspect.

The setting in the future always makes me smile. I hope that many of the things that J.D. Robb has imagined are truly in our future.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment