Thursday, September 1, 2011

book 46 of 2011 A Visit from the Good Squad


A Visit from the Goon SquadA Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Worst book I've read this year! I can't believe this drivel won the Pulitzer Prize. What was the committee thinking? Did nothing else get nominated?

This might have been a decent book it the author had bothered to write a book instead of throwing a bunch of crappy stories together and calling it a novel. The book confused me. Each chapter was a totally different story about different people (who sometimes sort of related back to another character in a different story). The time line jumped around and confused me further. Don't waste your time. Can you give a book zero stars? That's what I'd like to give this one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment