Tuesday, September 20, 2011

book 50 of 2011 Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz


Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1)Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had really high hopes for this book since I loved Melissa de la Cruz' YA series Blue Bloods. This series gets off to a pretty slow start with 2 sisters and a mother who are witches banished to live in the mortal world without using their witchy powers. There are a couple of brothers who one of the sisters is trying to choose between. One she's engaged to, the other she's having hot wild sex with. The other sister is a librarian who has a thing for local cop but won't act on it. Dad is mysteriously missing and has been for years. I wanted more detail and set up of the magic world that these characters are going to inhabit. Perhaps in the next book, we'll get more of that. I'll definitely read the next in the series before I write this series off.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment