Monday, December 5, 2011

Book 69 of 2011 Cross by James Patterson


Cross (Alex Cross, #12)Cross by James Patterson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. The Cross books are certainly better than some of the others Patterson keeps churning out with his co-authors. That being said, they aren't as good as they used to be. I think I've come to the conclusion that all good series must come to an end and this one is another that is ready.

After many years, Alex and his friend Sampson are on the trail of the person Alex thinks killed his wife Maria, 'The Butcher of Sligo'. Alex quits the FBI and goes off on his own with his good friend John Sampson.  He and Sampson investigate a series of rapes in DC. Eventually they tie the rapes to murders that are being committed by the Butcher (a mob hit man) and to Maria's murder. So the Butcher is a hit man, he's killing folks for money, he's committing horrible rape/tortures, he's being chased by the mob (they want him dead) and the police AND he's playing at being a good daddy.

Alex is setting up his practice, helping a woman who is being abused by a police officer, worrying about his friend Kayla who has been stabbed, chasing a rapist/torturer and trying to come to terms finally with his wife Maria's death.

There was way too much going on in this book and none of so the book just touched on each story. Not enough depth for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment