Saturday, December 17, 2011

Book 70 of 2011 Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny


Bury Your Dead (Armand Gamache, #6)Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great mystery by a new to me author. Will definitely be going back to read previous in this series.

I'm anxious to read the earlier books in this series. I enjoyed the Canadian setting and the side mystery of Samuel Champlain. I didn't know that his burial site was unknown. The politics involved in Quebec with the English speakers and French speakers was an interesting aspect of the book also. The flashbacks to the terrorist attack and kidnapping were extremely interesting. The secondary mystery of the reexamination of  a previous case made me want to know more. I kept wondering if these cases were in a previous book or if they were new to this one. Inspector Gamache seems a very complex and likable character.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment