Sunday, May 13, 2012

Book #31 of 2012


BirdmanBirdman by Mo Hayder
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the first book in the Jack Caffrey series and boy does it pack a wollop. It's a mystery/thriller, but I would also categorize it in my favorite genre, sick shit. Jack Caffrey is a Detective Inspector who himself has a tragic and dark past that makes him flawed and sympathetic character . He's investigating a series of murders involving girls from the wrong side of the track. 5 bodies are discovered in a trash dump and at autopsy some disturbing clues are discovered. Each body has a bird sewn into the chest cavity, strange marks around the hairline, breast reduction surgery performed, and evidence of necrophilia. Graphic violence. An incompetent fellow DI. A couple of unexpected twists.

This book got a little too graphic and brutal for me at the end, but I'll definitely keep reading this series. I have a difficult time reading books set in England. Even though the language is the same, the words used to describe and name things are different. It's worth it to keep on reading and to do a little research to become more familiar with the language differences.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment