Monday, May 28, 2012

Book #34


She Who Hunts She Who Hunts by C.L. Parks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tenna Massey is a Demon Hunter. In fact she's the fulfillment of a prophesy and is know among the Family as the Dark Slayer. Her mother and father were Hunters and were killed when she was a young child. Instead of the Family taking her in to care for her she was let go into the foster care system. She hasn't forgiven them. Now she's an adult and her husband is possessed by a Demon and trying his best to kill her. Will she fulfill the prophesy and be the Dark Slayer or will she run and hide?

I really liked the story line of this book and am anxious to learn more about the back story. More details about Tenna's mom and dad, more about the Family, the prophesy, and what came before. Or did I miss a previous book?

A couple of things bothered me in the book. At the beginning Tenna speaks of her dad's best friend who should have raised her and calls him Virgil. Later in the book his name is Nigel? or is Nigel someone else entirely and we just don't hear anymore about Virgil? Another thing that got under my skin was the excessive use of 'giggle'. Someone was always giggling. Tenna, Claire, Jason and Russell the big bad men were giggling. Too much. I was also aggravated by the description of everyone who was talking on the phone with Tenna moving the phone. Enough of this description. Maybe a little more editing would have been welcomed. Am I being too picky? I don't know the answer, but little things like that bother me when I'm reading and make me less likely to read another book by the author.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your review, and the kind words. Because of your review I realized the wrong file had been uploaded. *headdesk*

    Problem has been solved. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review my book!

    ReplyDelete