Saturday, March 19, 2011

Book 12 of 2011 -- Room

RoomRoom by Emma Donoghue
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not really sure how to rate this book. There was something about it that I really loved. It was certainly completely different from anything else that I've read. Written from the point of view of  5 year old Jack who has lived out his entire life in Room ( a shed in the backyard of his mother's kidnapper). The language is odd, but it would be if you had never seen or experienced anything except your mother and Room. At times I felt that Jack was a little too grown up sounding, and please the "having some" about grossed me out. Come on, even in that situation it's a little long to be breast feeding. Overall it's certainly worth reading if you're open to something different.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment