Saturday, March 5, 2011

Book 8 of 2011 -- Lucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani

Lucia, LuciaLucia, Lucia by Adriana Trigiani
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book reminded me of home! I know, if you know anything about me, you know I'm from the deep south and how could a book about Italian New Yorkers remind me of home you wonder? It's all about family. This Italian family in 1950s New York isn't that much different from my hillbilly family in North Alabama and the different setting was certainly interesting to me. Loved the detail of the custom made dresses that Lucia sewed in the Custom department of the department store. The closeness that she had with her work friends made me wish that everyone could have that type of work environment. Even though Lucia and her friends worked very hard at times, they were close and they loved their jobs. The ending was just perfect.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment