Thursday, March 31, 2011

Book 14 of 2011 -- Flesh and Bone

Flesh and Bone (Body Farm, #2)Flesh and Bone by Jefferson Bass
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm really liking this series by the duo of Dr. Bill Bass and Jon Jefferson. I've been fascinated with 'the body farm' since reading about it in Patricia Cornwell's book. The fascination doesn't end with the place but extends to the people, especially, Dr. Bass who work and do research there. Maybe one day I'll be able to take a tour?
The first murder we examine in this book is certainly gruesome. As we learn more about the victim I can't help but think he might have gotten what he deserved. Not sure what that says about me, but it certainly makes me take a look at myself.
The second and really the main murder mystery in this book makes me cry! It's not fair to write such a great character and then kill that character off before you've fully explored him/her. The mystery wasn't really difficult to figure out. I had both murderers tagged well before the climax of the book, but all in all this was a decent if quick read. It was definitely good enough to merit reading more in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment