Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book 16 of 2011 -- House Rules by Jodi Picoult

House RulesHouse Rules by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As usual for Jodi Picoult, this book is about a difficult subject. It follows a family whose son Jacob has Asperger's syndrome. Jacob is 18 and is charged with the murder of his social interaction tutor/coach. The majority of the book deals with the build up and the trial. It's told in alternating chapters from the viewpoints of Jacob, his mother Emma, his brother Theo, the detective Rich, and his attorney Oliver. This writing style is great for a book of this sort and I liked the different points of view. The ending was somewhat abrupt and had it been better the book would've gotten 5 stars from me.

If you like Picoult and her type of fiction, then this is a must read.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Dropping by via the A to Z challenge. I always love to see a good book reco, so I'll be returning to see more of your book reviews. 16 books by April 12 - that's quite an achievement! Congrats!

    ~alana
    (blogging a through z at http://writercize.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete