Sunday, April 17, 2011

M is for me...Michelle!!!

I was babysitting on Friday and Saturday and didn't have internet access, so my 'm' and 'n' posts are late.

M is for Me, Michelle.  I thought this would be a good time to tell some of my new friends a little bit about myself. What's the first thing you would notice about me if you met me? I think it's probably that I talk alot. But, I love to talk. About anything. I'll talk your ears off, so just be warned if we ever meet in person, I'm a talker.
I turned 50 this year. I've never been too worried about aging. I was very pregnant when I turned 30, so I was more concerned with getting a baby here than I was with being 30. My sister threw me an awesome surprise party for my 40th. She posted huge blown up embarrassing photos of me throughout my life. I still have those posters. My 50th I spent babysitting. I got a cute card from the kids I was sitting that they made for me.
I grew up in a very rural area in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. It was the best childhood ever. All my mama's sisters lived on the same road as well as my Mom-maw and Pop-paw and we went from house to house running in and out. We're still close even though we live in different parts of the country. I'm a Southerner. I love the heat and humidity. Hate snow and cold. I spent 2 years in Cincinnati just after college and while I loved the city, the weather just wore me out.
I'm divorced. Been divorced for about 15 years I guess. I like being on my own. I have one son and I'm very proud of him most of the time. He's 20 so every once in awhile he does something I'm not so proud of, but he's a good kid and he loves his mama!
Are those the most important things about me? Maybe not, but there they are and now my new friends know me a little better!

No comments:

Post a Comment