Sunday, April 24, 2011

book 18 of 2011 -- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3)Grave Peril by Jim Butcher
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Grave Peril is the 3rd book in The Dresden Files. I've come to this series a little late and I've thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 books in the series. According to a snippet on the front of this paperback, there is a series based on the books on SciFi channel. Wonder if it still airs? I'll have to check on that.

This book is exactly how I like my sci/fi/fantasy reads. Over the top! Harry Dresden faces some really bad-ass supernatural shit in this outing. Ghosts, spirits, vampires, and other un-nameable entities. this one is Evil with a capital E! I'm sad that Susan has been hurt and anxious to read the next installment to see how she fares. I'm glad to have met Thomas and Justine and am hopeful that they will make appearance in volumes yet to be read. Michael is awesome and I'd like to read more of Charity and the kiddos, especially Harry's little namesake. He should be one interesting kid based on his tortured birth. Book number four shall be placed on my library hold list so that I can get on with this series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment