Monday, April 25, 2011

Book 19 of 2011 The Art of Keeping Secrets by Patti Callahan Henry

The Art of Keeping SecretsThe Art of Keeping Secrets by Patti Callahan Henry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book started out with a bang and ended with a little whimper. I really enjoyed the first 2/3 but was disappointed with the lat 1/3. A plane crash killed Annabelle Murphy's husband and 2 years later, the wreckage is found. His body is there along with the body of a female. Of course, this makes Annabelle and her children wonder if their entire life with husband and father was a big ole lie.

I wish the relationships with Annabelle's circle of friends had been a bigger part of the book. I felt like the author really lost out on some good stuff when she didn't flesh out Annabelle and Shawn's friendship. It wasn't a long book, so I feel like it could have been expanded.

Not the best I've read, but not the worst either. Just a meh.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment